Massachusetts imposes very harsh and large fees for a conviction or an admisssion for drunk driving. Here is how much a typical first offense will end up costing you.
Fines in an OUI First Offense
Court Fees for a OUI Case
- Supervised Probation $65 per Month Supervision Fee For At Least One Year
- Victim Witness Fee $50
- Victim of Drunk Driving Fee $50
- Head Injury Fee $250
- OUI State Fee $250
- 24D Alcohol Class $567
- License Reinstatement $500
Insurance Increases from an OUI Case
- Loss of any good driver discounts
- A major surchargeable of 5 resulting in a 75% increase in insurance premiums
- Insurance carrier may drop you
- May be forced to by insurance in a risk poll resulting in higher premiums
Massachusetts OUI Attorney
Patrick Donovan is a former prosecutor that has handled countless OUI cases both as a prosecutor and a defense attorney. As a prosecutor, Attorney Donovan got specialized training in OUI prosecutor. As a defense attorney Donovan uses that training to put the best defense together for each of his clients. Whether getting a good disposition by a plea or trying the case to jury, Attorney Donovan can get the best possible resulty in your oui case.
If you have been charged with a dui call today for a free no obligation consultation.